-
May 11th, 2001, 11:13 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Ok, here is one for all of ya. I was watching "48 hours" with Dan Rather, and the show was about a new driving law in America that could be passed. Real life, true story, (as seen on 48 hours). A man gets behind the wheel of a car when he hasnt slept in 14 hours. He knows he is tired and sleepy but decides he can make it. He is awake enough to drive. HOWEVER, in the wee hours of the morning, he drifts across the yellow line into an oncoming car, head on. He is now serving time for vehicular man slaughter, The mother of the girl that was killed by his carelessness is lobbying a new bill to be passed after her daughters name. It would pass that tired, sleepy drivers be treated the same as drunk drivers. Studies on this episode, showed that being behind the wheel with no sleep, can actaully be the same as driving while intoxicated. Both drivers from being tired and sleepy and drunk, weaved in and out of traffic, went off the side of the road. So, here is my question:
A: Do you drive when you know you are tired and need rest?
B: How tired is too tired to drive?
C: What is your views and opinions on this topic?
-
May 11th, 2001, 11:16 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
D: Go to the pool Genie, you've made it so I can't go there, this is where I get to see my friends....I don't wanna see you here *shrugs*
-
May 11th, 2001, 11:36 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Ok, Genie... first off, you honestly have the worst grammatic skills I have ever had the pleasure of viewing on this board.
"what is your views" *lmfao*
Is english your second or third language?
And secondly, what 2 said. <font color=red>NOBODY</font> here likes you. We don't like reading your stupid threads or your mindless replies. You are a waste of space.
Wendee can't go in the pool because of you, and I don't think you should be able to ramble over into where you know she hangs out just to be a pain in the ass. She has real friends here. You don't.
Go back to where you came from.
-
May 11th, 2001, 11:38 PM
#4
Inactive Member
-
May 11th, 2001, 11:58 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
ummmmm?
*L* that pic..*L*
BTW! California Lottery Scratchers are a rip off!!!!
*looks @ the time
aauh! WAR should be here!!!
*..::runs
-
May 12th, 2001, 12:05 AM
#6
-
May 12th, 2001, 02:12 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Ahem,as previously stated, one can NO-More legislate a persons actions as you could morality. cheeky bugger
-
May 12th, 2001, 03:01 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Nobody made you look at my topic, you chose to look at it yourself, if ya see my name there and dont want to read it then why bother. But I am not going on with this fighting thing. Like i said, as for me, Im done. Its over and done with. Even though I could really, really say something awful about that picture. I could turn that right back on, "someone". But ya know what, im done fighting, just like i said. And fighting is not what this topic is about anyway
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited May 12, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited May 12, 2001).]
-
May 12th, 2001, 06:54 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I'm not trying to legislate her... I'm asking why she comes to a place where nobody likes her. And I already know the answer to that question; she does it for attention. Oh well, it's just making her look like the dumbass she is... so keep on postin' Genie, show us your smarts *lmao*
-
May 12th, 2001, 06:55 PM
#10
Inactive Member
And WTF is a cheeky bugger? Where are you from?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks